Advanced search for closed stories returns multiple sprints

Roland Muts March 5, 2021

I need to do data mining on status of tickets combined with velocity. I have 17 closed sprints, 1 active sprint and 5 future sprints..

When i search for

project = "ABP" and sprint = 21 and status = Done

(where 21 is an older sprint)

There are multiple tickets with at least two sprints assigned. Reason is because the story slipped from one sprint to another. What do I need to do to get just one sprint returned?

How can I get a historic view of what ticket was closed in what sprint, using JQL?

After exporting the search to excel, i see for those tickets multiple columns for the sprint designation.

How can i get just the sprint in which any ticket was closed? I want to see only the tickets that are closed within that particular sprint. I do not want to see in that search result the tickets that have been moved on from one sprint to the next and then have been closed.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2021

If you know the end date of the sprint you could compare that to the ResolutionDate of the issue. If the issue ResolutionDate <= <sprint end date> then there is a pretty good chance it was closed in that sprint.

Suggest an answer