Advanced Roadmap - How to better use a Board

Marcela August 27, 2021

I am adopting Advanced Roadmap and I'd like to get other people thoughts on how to use it better.

I was thinking on creating a Board for by project by quarter, this way we can have visibility on the progress of the plans we have for the quarter per each project. However, I am not sure if in this way i would lose holistic visibility, should I create a master plan with all the initiatives together? would that depend on the number of plans?

Another question that comes up is what happens if my plans includes initiatives that are longer than one quarter, is that okay? what do you think?

1 answer

1 vote
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2021

Hi @Marcela

The first question you should answer when you're creating plans and programs is what do you want to use it for? By that, I mean what are you trying to do with it? Are you looking to have project schedules? Create roadmaps for various departments and teams? Create roadmaps for products to show stakeholders? This is the biggest question that you need to answer before setting up your Roadmaps. 

Don't forget that there's also 'Programs', which allows you to group Plans together. So for example, if there's a business objective that has multiple projects and you want to show stakeholders and leadership how you are meeting the target objectives, you can create plans for each project and group them together in a program.

If you're interested in getting some help with setting this up, my organization offers consulting services for exactly this. Check us out here. 

Hope this helps.

Jacob @ NorthTEK Consulting 

Suggest an answer