Adding new users to project

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Hi Guys!

I have sort of urgent question, I need to add a new user (basically - new employee) to our JIRA, to only 1 project. With JIRA's new look I totally can't find the option to invite new people. Are you able to share quick step-by-step description of what to do, to create new user and than invite him only to 1 project?

Thank you!

5 answers

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

You're welcome, Gosia. I just noticed I misspelled your name before.  Sorry about that! Carlos

0 votes
Deleted user December 12, 2017

Thank you ;)

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

Hi Gloria,

Yes, you're right. The User Management option seems to be in the 'Switch Application' icon (the one that looks like a hamburger)

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 1.43.49 PM.png

0 votes
Deleted user December 11, 2017

Hi Carlos,

I actually got a chance to try this solution - an I think it is written for an old JIRA version. I don't see "settings" button with User Management inside. And I have administrator rights :( Do you have knowledge, whether is has change lately or if I need other permissions?

Gosia

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2017

Hi Gosia,

You can find information about adding new users in the Atlassian documentation:

Managing users-
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-users-861253164.html

Create, edit, or remove a user-
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/create-edit-or-remove-a-user-861253174.html

From the documentation:
"(To) Create a user in JIRA
    Select User Management from the JIRA admin cog (settings)
    In the User browser, click Create User.
    Enter the Username, Password, Full Name and Email address.
    Optionally, select the Send Notification Email  checkbox to send the user an email containing:
        their login name.
        a link from which to set their password (this link is valid for 24 hours).

If you have more than one JIRA application installed, you will need to select the JIRA application you would like to give the user access to.
    Click the Create button.

After the user is created, you'll brought to a screen where you can view the user information and perform additional functions such as edit details, edit groups or properties, and delete the user."

If you want to give the user access to only one project you'll have to configure permissions accordingly. E.g. this other article explained the process to set it up:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/How-can-I-restrict-a-user-so-he-can-see-one-project-only/qaq-p/264391

With the new JIRA UI the settings cog has moved from the top right to the panel on the left.   By the way, I'm using JIRA Cloud and I can 'turn off for now' the new JIRA experience when I click on my profile icon (there is an option to give feedback too).

Hope this helps.

Carlos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events