Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ability to add a level between Epic and Story with Advanced Roadmap Epic--> Agency-->Story

Hello!

I have a need to create a a new issue type between Epic and Story to look like below:

Epic --> Agency --> Story

On researching the community posts I did not find any resolution without using a plugin/add-on.

Is there any update to the Jira software since then that allows this capability?

Checking if anyone was successfully able to achieve the same.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

1 comment

John Funk Community Leader Nov 26, 2021

Hi Sangeeta,

No, this is not possible to have another standard issue type between the two and still maintain advanced roadmap functionality. You could make the Epic the epic linked to the Agency issue type. But you would have to use a regular issue link between the agency and story and the advanced roadmap will not respect that as a hierarchy. 

@John Funk Thanks for your response. I noticed that it wasn't rolling up correctly. Is this already under consideration for enhancement? Would be very helpful to have. 

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

John Funk Community Leader Dec 06, 2021

I am not aware of anything on the roadmap for Atlassian to add in different/new levels/layers.

Thanks @John Funk I appreciate the update.

Regards,

Sangeeta

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader Dec 10, 2021

If this answered your question, can you click on the Accept Answer link above to close this one out? Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

385 views 18 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you