Ability to add a level between Epic and Story with Advanced Roadmap Epic--> Agency-->Story

Sangeeta Gautam November 26, 2021

Hello!

I have a need to create a a new issue type between Epic and Story to look like below:

Epic --> Agency --> Story

On researching the community posts I did not find any resolution without using a plugin/add-on.

Is there any update to the Jira software since then that allows this capability?

Checking if anyone was successfully able to achieve the same.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

5 answers

1 vote
Sangeeta Gautam December 10, 2021

Thanks @John Funk I appreciate the update.

Regards,

Sangeeta

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

If this answered your question, can you click on the Accept Answer link above to close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

I am not aware of anything on the roadmap for Atlassian to add in different/new levels/layers.

0 votes
Sangeeta Gautam November 29, 2021

@John Funk Thanks for your response. I noticed that it wasn't rolling up correctly. Is this already under consideration for enhancement? Would be very helpful to have. 

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2021

Hi Sangeeta,

No, this is not possible to have another standard issue type between the two and still maintain advanced roadmap functionality. You could make the Epic the epic linked to the Agency issue type. But you would have to use a regular issue link between the agency and story and the advanced roadmap will not respect that as a hierarchy. 

Suggest an answer