3 Jira automation rules we will cover in our advanced webinar

Viewing page 2 of 2

39 answers

0 votes
Santeri Huvinen June 24, 2020

@John McKiernan There is not much to see in the audit log since my rule does not ever get triggered (with "value changes for original estimate (match)") . But I can send the screenshots. So putting it through to the support team means creating an issue here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/?

0 votes
Lucy Cookney June 23, 2020

Hi

I have used the automated Sum function to update the parent cases remaining estimate field when the child case is updated.  It is changing the time I have recorded as seconds but then saving this as hours.  Eg. I have put 2 days remaining on the child case and it has saved this as 36,000 hours remaining against the parent case.

Thanks

Lucy

0 votes
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2020

Hmm I am not sure @Santeri Huvinen 

If it is not a Tempo field, it should work fine. This would be one for the engineers to take a deeper look into. Would you mind taking a screenshot of your audit log as well as the rule and putting it through to the support team? 

Thanks!

John

0 votes
Santeri Huvinen June 21, 2020

@John McKiernan the rule is not in a next-gen project. An yes we are using Tempo for time tracking and reporting. However, I'm not sure if Tempo is using this particular field (original estimate).

0 votes
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2020

Hey @Santeri Huvinen

Is this rule in a next-gen project? Also just checking - are you using any third party apps for this field?

cheers,

John

0 votes
Santeri Huvinen June 18, 2020

@John McKiernan Thanks!

Now I got my automation working with triggers "When: Issue updated" and "When: Manually triggered", but the trigger "When: Field value is changed" does not work for me. There must be a problem with matching field name "original estimate". I did try "original time estimate" too. I wonder why that field cannot be found from the drop-down list.

jira_automation1.png

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

Thank you very much @John McKiernan 

0 votes
Santeri Huvinen June 18, 2020

Hi!

I tried to use the rule 2 (sum up story points...) to sum up "Original Time Estimate" but did not succeed. Am I trying something that is not possible or should I just try harder?

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Good spotting @Sam Harding 

0 votes
Bryan Phillips June 17, 2020

Thanks for the tip, but I'm still getting multiple blank emails (one for each issue in the result).

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset="utf-8"></head><body>Hey team. Here's the current status of tickets in the QA Release Candidate.<br><br><ul><br></ul></body></html> 
0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

I got this tip yesterday. Try something like:

<ul>
{{#lookupIssues}}
<li>{{key}} - {{summary}}</li>
{{/}}
</ul>
0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

Question: With "Sum" up Story points, is it likely that in the future we will be able to use this to Sum up Story points on "Stories" etc. into their Epic?

0 votes
Bryan Phillips June 17, 2020

Has the {{#lookupIssues}} smart value been added to Jira Cloud. I'm attempting to use it and get one email for every issue in the query with no issue data in any email.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 1.02.47 PM.png

0 votes
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2020

This is the link to the blog where we explain all of the new smart value functionality: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/New-automation-smart-values-in-Jira-Cloud/ba-p/1402775

There were also a few calls in our Australian webinar to include the smart values. You can find all of these in our docs. However, to keep it all in context, I have popped them below also: 

Rule 1:

These smart values will list all of the open issues (with url) and send them to Slack in bullet point format:

Hey team, we’ve got the following issues left in this sprint {{#lookupIssues}}

*<{{url}}|{{key}}>

{{/}}

Rule 3:

These smart values @mention the assignee and inform them of the issue that has been merged.

Hey [~accountid:{{assignee}}], This issue ({{issue.key}}) has now been merged.

This smart value shows the PR url and title and adds a rocket emoji.

We just merged PR: <{{pullRequest.url}}|{{pullRequest.title}}> :rocket:

Lastly, this smart value simply adds a value to the audit log {{webhookResponse}}

Suggest an answer