Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why "Select List (single choice)" custom_field in JSD version 4.13.0 portal is read only ?

Juhaina Almama October 28, 2020

We upgrade JSD to 4.13.0 and we are using Jira core 8.13.0

the custom field is read-only in the portal and we can not drop down the list.

The agent can update the field in the issue after creation.

I try with a user with admin privileges but I got the same problem.

does anyone faced such a problem should we downgrade to another version?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

There can be multiple reasons, but you may want to star from checking field's placement on screens, make sure that it is the part of Create screen. Then check fields settings for the specific request type and make sure that it is present in fields.

If both is correct (fields is present on Create screen and in request type), you may want to check automations and other customizations which is much broader topic.

Juhaina Almama October 28, 2020

But I do not have a problem with the field when I use Create to create a new issue or with 'Edit'.

The custom field is not editable in the PORTAL side.

the problem appeared after upgrading 

Juhaina Almama October 29, 2020

I am sure now that the problem came after upgrading and nothing else because we got the same after we run upgrade on a test server. 

Jason Liwag November 3, 2020

Do you have ScriptRunner installed with version 6.12.0? If yes, use 6.11.0 instead. The 6.12.0 version seems conflicting with Customer Portal functionality for whatever reason. We encountered the same issues and ScriptRunner 6.12.0 was the culprit. 

Like # people like this
Juhaina Almama November 4, 2020

I am changing to 6.11.0 and this solved the problem  

ihor_zozuliak June 11, 2021

Downgrading Scriptrunner from 6.12 to 6.11 solve the issue

Alanas Spalvys September 17, 2021

@Jason Liwag Thank you!

P.S for me it was not like read-only, but the dropdown itself was floating, I could only see dropdown values after zooming page to like 50%

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events