why is the Customer Satisfaction adding multiple activities to a ticket?

Barbara Grant December 29, 2022

When an end user fills out the customer satisfaction survey I am seeing the activity with the customer satisfaction rating, and then also seeing 3 more updates in the ticket. 

Why are there so any updates? 

satisfication updates.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

@Barbara Grant -

Welcome to the community, When customer submits his/her satisfaction replies and each field are updated separately and updated by the system (example - Satisfaction, Satisfaction date etc..)

Because of how the fields are updated, thus you will see multiple entries in the activities log.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

ok, I understand but what is the 3rd update? The satisfaction rating creates an activity, the satisfaction date creates an activity. What is the 3rd update for? 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

@Barbara Grant -

This may be a bug associated with the product.  I would suggest you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance.

Best, Joseph

Like Barbara Grant likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

@Barbara Grant -

Please post Atlassian Support's response to your question.  If my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

@Joseph Chung Yin , I will do that once I have heard back from Atlassian support. Thank you 

Barbara Grant January 3, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin , Atlassian support confirmed the bug. 

The issue you are facing is actually being caused by a bug that has been reported at:

What happens is that, when the survey is answered for the first time, the correct behavior is to add an entry for the rating and another with the date it was updated, but in case the page is kept open and the customer refreshes, it will cause a new update to be added to the ticket.

Like Von Bandong likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events