Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

why am I unable to add certain customers to Jira Service Management?

I manually add customers to Jira Service Management per https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/managing-customers-754977400.html.

In the past, I've tried to add certain customers (all of them co-workers) without success, resulting in the error response shown below.  I had my team leader try to add those customers, which succeeded.

I'm now trying to add a customer and getting the same error response, and my team leader also gets that error response when he tries to add that customer.  How can these failures be eliminated?

Jira Service Managed customer-add failure.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@John Rigali

I see the same error if the user I am trying to add already exists in Jira but is an inactive user. I'd have your site admin check on the customers you are trying to add.

My team leader is our site admin.  He informed me that the intended customer doesn't already exist in Jira.  As I pointed out, my team leader gets the same error response when he tries to add the intended customer.

Can you ask him to look underneath the Jira Service Management section of user management? JSM customers are typically found there and can be deactived. A deactivated customer account would also result in that error.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.57.37 PM.png

He found the intended customer there.  He successfully added her.  Thanks, Kian!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

166 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you