Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which account can be used to view without buying a license?

leigh_tedford June 17, 2022

I'm looking for a log in that allows a user to view without the need for a monthly license at a fee.

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

@leigh_tedford -

Can you clarify what is your definition of of  "a user" + "view"?

In general, an user (customer) can access your portal UI and access issues reported in your  project if he/she is the reporter or requested participants.  For those type of users (customers) there are no cost associated - it is free.

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

leigh_tedford June 20, 2022

my options are Basic, Trusted, or Site Admin-- and it looks like all 3 force a user license to use. I don't know how to set them up with access, without using a license. Most will create and view a ticket they are submitting for work to be done. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

If that was the case, they can just be setup as the normal customers (free) to access his/her issues via the portal.

Best, Joseph

leigh_tedford June 21, 2022

I'm missing the answer though. HOW do I set them up without using a license? since the only options are Basic, Trusted, and Admin? I guess I'm looking for the steps to get them set up such as click x, x,x, choose x, and invite them with an email address.... thanks!

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Hi @leigh_tedford

For customer to create tickets from the portal and view their requests, it would be free of a license.

Once they need to actually view project data, you would be consuming a license.

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events