Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when a new issue is created, the email is not sent to the client (reporter)

Dario Alarcón September 12, 2023

Hello community, I am writing to you because I have a question.

I have a project in which when a new issue is created, the email is not sent to the client (reporter), however the assignee receives it correctly. When the issue is generated in the name of a project Admin, the email arrives correctly, the same does not happen with the clients.

Context:
The issue is created by an automation with the following characteristic:

02.png

I clarify that the automation is working correctly, the problem is that the reporter does not receive the email when the issue is created. Customer notifications are enabled

01.png

I hope you can help me solve it, thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2023

@Dario Alarcón -

The issue with your automation is that your automation created the issue, so the actor of the rule is initially set as the issue reporter.  Afterward, you edit the issue.  The edit issue event may not trigger a customer notification.

Please advise who is the rule actor.  Once when the issue created, who is listed as the reporter.

Once we obtain those information, we can assist further on your ask.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks for you reply.

- The actor rule is "Automation for Jira".

03.png

- Once when the issue created, the reporter is a customer.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2023

@Dario Alarcón -

After looking at it further, you should use the action instead of "create issue"

2023-09-12_15-30-01.png

It is because only at the issue creation time, if the issue has a valid request type, then it will be visible to the reporter of the issue.  By default, when one creates an issue for the JSM project, he/she uses the portal UI and select the appropriate request type to create the issue.

So this means that when your issue is created via the automation rule, it will already be valid/visible to the reporter in the portal - thus the notification will go out to the reporter.  Lastly, you don't need to edit the request type at the end of your automation rule.

Hope this helps.  Give it a try.

Best, Joseph

Like Dario Alarcón likes this

@Joseph Chung Yin Thank you very much, it really helped me solve my problem!
You're the best.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events