Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using groovy to get custom field value human readable, not the key

Javier Pérez December 2, 2020

Hello, I have a problem getting the value of some customfields. 

In the script, getCustomFieldValue(cField) returns a json object with this look:

{"keys":["Current Value"]}

which I would parse easily, but in other cases i get html code with the current value, I guess because that content is created under some nFeed custom field. I was trought database and in table customfieldvalue doesn't appears what I want to get.

Apart of that, there are other scriptted fields which I can see trough jira interface in Details tabpanels, but in database are empty. 

So I wonder how can I get the real human readable values of all custom fields of issues? Just like a filter do

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hello @Javier Pérez 

The app nFeed is now called Elements Connect, and you'll find some help on how to get Elements Connect field display value over on our documentation.

If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team: https://support.elements-apps.com/portal

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Javier Pérez 

Sorry for the late response.

Custom fields might use custom renderers which means that they will only have human-readable values with their appropriate values. For example the Rank custom field which comes with Jira Software stores value of something like "0|r90udo:I". 

nfeed might store XML, while other apps store different typed values.

So, you might not get a proper answer for your request.

I hope I was clear

Tuncay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events