users and customers jira and service management

ben friedman January 14, 2021

Hi, i would like to understand the relation ship of someone aperring in system > users, system>jirs service management, service management project > people > role of agent and customers. 

who appears where? how does it relates to other sections?

most importantly if a user appears in system>users and has access to JSM, but they are not set as an agents under jsm project > people, is that person billed as an agent? if not, what is the meaning of having access?

also, can a customer have access to the JSM portal without being under system>users + have access to jsm?

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

User management > JSM = portal only Customer BUT that is only true if you do not have that same email address under User management > Users. This can happen thru various scenarios, namely not using "Migrate user" when you take a Customer only user and give them app access

User management > User - if they have any app check then they are paid licenses. If they only have "site access" w/o any apps checked then they are not paid.

Now for projects this is simply reflecting the roles and permissions a User or JSM Customer has for said project. For example you may have a Customer listed in one JSM project but not all. You can have Agents in one project and not all (Service Desk Team role). You can have an Agent also have Admin roles in a project.

ben friedman January 26, 2021

thanks @Jack Brickey 

i need users to have confluence access, be JSD portal users, and not JSD agents (i.e non paying for JSD).

should the configuration be user management> user :confluence access only + jsd project > people > add email as customer role?

thanks @Jack Brickey 

i need users to have confluence access, be JSD portal users, and not JSD agents (i.e non paying for JSD).

should the configuration be user management> user :confluence access only + jsd project > people > add email as customer role?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

So if you want them to have access to Confluence and not just Knowledge Base, correct.  If they currently appear in JSM list under User management then use the Migrate function to create an Atlassian account for them and then edit their details and click on Confluence access. Leave other product access (JSM, Jira, etc) unchecked. If they don’t exist in the instance in any form then simply add to the User management section directly and ensure the proper tick marks exist.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events