trying to separate internal and external service desks in the help center

Celeste Dwyer February 19, 2021

My use case: 

I have several internal service desk projects that I would like to allow employees to be able to submit requests and create accounts. 

I would like to set up a public service desk project that I would like our customers to be able to submit requests and create accounts. 

Currently, if I go to the URL of the project that I'd like to customers to use, if they click on the top level 'Help Center' link, they can see all the internal service desk projects. 

How can I limit access for my customers so that they do not see our internal projects? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

Visibility of the various projects and access to the associated portals is controlled by the Customers configured for each project. If you don't want someone to see a project they should be removed from the Customer list of that project. This is the case for internal or external users. Customers are customers regardless of the email domain.

Celeste Dwyer February 24, 2021

However, initially when I send the URL to a customer who has not created an account in service desk, they can see the internal service desk projects. They are not a customer in JSM so I can't remove them from our internal services desk projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events