Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

this app failed to enable. refer to the logs for more information. jira

Edited

hello 

-jira  datacenter v8.17.1

i took the backup file.zip and did restore with a file, after uploding jira . i had a proleme with tow addon

- actions for Jira service desk

- extension for Jira service desk

Problem:
 Can see the problem, tow addon not working ,evreytime i want pick 'enable' it's write "this app failed to enable. refer to the logs for more information"

a.png

*and i have licnse more tow days  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Lior Swisa ,

As the error notes, we will need to see the log output to get additional information on what is occurring and causing the app to fail.

I would recommend a server restart with a manual plugin cache flush as the first step.  This will force a rebuild on the application cache and possibly clear out any issues but will also trigger some additional error logging in the startup logs with additional context on the failure. 

To do this:

• Stop Jira
  • Remove the ".bundled-plugins" and ".osgi-plugins" manually from the "<JIRA Home>/plugins" directory (These files are hidden by default):
$jira-home/plugins/.bundled-plugins
$jira-home/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  • Delete the contents of the work directory (!) Only remove the contents, do not remove the directory itself, or the path will not rebuild correctly:
$jira-install/work/*
  • Restart Jira
  • watch the startup logs for any additional errors Look for a section called "Failed Plugin Report"

If there are additional errors with plugin startup, let me know what you find and I can take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

hey thanks i resulved the probleme, we needed do uninstall the apps and downloads apps to host and uploud  manully 

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

802 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you