stop date

mahya golbaz July 2, 2022

hi

would you help me how can I stop date in one issue until I complet the task?

3 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2022

Hi @mahya golbaz,

Those are just system dates. They are fixed dates behind the scenes that indicate when an issue was created, last updated or resolved. Jira has the funny habit of displaying not the actual date, but an indicator in human language of how long ago this system event happened.

Don't worry about it. It is not a timer or anything. You can read more about how it works and behaves in this (closed) feature request: JRACLOUD-41506.

Hope this clarifies!  

0 votes
mahya golbaz July 3, 2022

i want to stop this

mahya golbaz July 3, 2022

0.JPG

abhishek_sharma03
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2022

Hi @mahya golbaz This helps in maintaining issue history and audit trail. Any specific reason why you don't want this system field.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2022

Hi @mahya golbaz ,

what do you mean with "stop date"? If you want to avoid edit specific fields until a specific status is reached you should remove all thee fields from edit screen and add a specific transition with a specific screen (containing dates) on all statuses after task completion.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events