Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statusDate field does not change with statuses

Artemiy July 7, 2021

Hello!

I am trying to check why statusDate field is not changing after changing status for issue. It is always = cratedDate for manual changing status and also for automatically changing status.

Does anyone know why isn't it changing? What should I do to change this field? I was trying to find it, but i couldn't.
As i know this functionality added by addon Requests Export for JSM

Безымянный.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

I am not familiar with “statusdate”. Is this a custom field? If so maybe the field is meant to be populated via a post function. You mention you have Requests export for JSM and I searched the docs for that field without any results.

Artemiy July 7, 2021

Hi, Jack!

Not sure it is custom or standart field. I found it only in ServiceDesk portal as a user "Export requests to CSV/Excel"(it was added with plugin Requests Export for JSM).
1.png

2.png
Also couldnt find anything about this field anywhere:(

Just looking someone who maybe used this pugin or saw same field somewhere, cause it is working strange.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

So I get the export to CSV part but I don’t see “statusdate“ anywhere on the screen image you showed. What am I missing here? Can you show an image of where statusdate is actually displayed? 

nevermind.   I’m blind apparently 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

So now that I’ve open my eyes and I actually see status date I suspect this is a custom field. To verify that, assuming you are a Jira admin please click on the cog icon and select issues then custom fields. See if status date is listed as a custom field.

now, assuming it is a custom field then you really need to find who created this field to understand when it is updated. It’s likely that it was intended to be updated using post functions on every transition of a given workflow. But that’s just a guess on my part at this point.

Artemiy July 7, 2021

Status Date = Created Date, but i changed status after creation, shouldn't it change after changing status?

Here is screenshot from ticket history time is 2:39 PM
5.png
And statusDate from export is 1:05 PM

Artemiy July 7, 2021

I couldn't find it it custom fields or anywhere else
6.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

To be honest I have no idea what status date is. I have never seen it in my instance. Maybe it is associated with an add-on you have or something new that I have not witnessed. Maybe it is associated with a certain type of project. Does this field show in the detail issue view of a single issue?

Artemiy July 7, 2021

Nope, it doesn't, only in export. I'm leaning toward it being an addon field.
But i don't understand why it displays nowhere.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Could you probably list the Apps you have currently installed? Maybe this gives a clue?
As far as I understood you don't consider this field being brought in by "Requests Export for JSM" but this is rather the App which provides exports from Customer Portal, is this correct?

In case you are confident it is caused by some App you could deactive (one by one) to test if the field probably vanishes (temporarily). We do had Apps in the past which did so.
Of course, this is nothing to be done during office-hours to not disturb any users.

Why the field is not listed in Custom Fields is strange, indeed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events