Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show transition on the customer portal.

swarren_wv July 21, 2021

Hi guys, I can't seem to find this option anywhere. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

@swarren_wv -

You will need to access and edit your project's WF transition to enable the option (see screenshot below).  After it is changed, then publish the WF.  Please see Atlassian reference for more details - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/show-a-workflow-transition-in-the-portal/

2021-07-21_10-59-42.png 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

swarren_wv July 21, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin

What screen do I go to? I can't seem to find that anywhere. I when I click on a transition, this is what I get...

Capture.PNG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

@swarren_wv -

You have to access Project settings > Workflows and edit the WF in question.  You will need to have project Administrator right at minimum.

Best, Joseph

swarren_wv July 21, 2021

I am the super admin, I have done that. that screen shot is from the project settings, request types edit workflow screen

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2021

You should also see an option for "Workflows" under the Project settings.  You need to edit the WF and not the WF screen.

Best, Joseph

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

@swarren_wv From the screenshot it is visible you are on a team-managed Service Management project. Exposing the workflow to customers is not possible with this type of project.

In case you want to create a company-managed Service Management projects all the aspects Joseph already explained will apply.

Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events