setting up customers in our JSM

AxxiHELP January 6, 2021

Newb here.  trying to set up so that each of our tickets within our JSM project will be assigned to an individual client. What field do we use for clients? Customers seems only to set up by sending invitation.  Is there a way to set up customers without emailing and inviting them? Does anyone use "components? for this?  thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

I will agree with Kian Stack Mumo Systems here and say that you should set up Organization base on the customer that way you are able to see who made those and report against the Organization. You can also do this by Domain and create the Organization base off the email doamin that is submitting the tickets. 

Another thing is you can use the reporter field to which should be the customer reporting the issue. 

Elle E. Benami January 22, 2021

Hi @Aaron Geister,

How do I do this? "You can also do this by Domain and create the Organization base off the email doamin that is submitting the tickets."

Thanks,

Elle

Like Aaron Geister likes this
AxxiHELP January 23, 2021

Thank you @Elle E. Benami  I did start using Organization. But i cannot get my automation rule to work where the incoming email domain is recognized and auto assigns to that organization. any advice on that?

thanks!

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

So there is a few ways to do this one to start using the organization field on Tickets. You can start this manually, but there is is document that shows you how to set it up so it will make organization by email domain. I am not sure if you need an automation for this but there is a prebuild automation. This document was posted in this thread down below the next comment section. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-customer-to-an-organization/

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

@AxxiHELP, when you say you want to "Assign" a ticket to a client, can you clarify what you mean by that? 

Thanks,

Kian

AxxiHELP January 6, 2021

Ultimately i want to be able to sort help tickets by customer name.  so i can see, for example, all open ticket for CustomerA. 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events