Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"view issue" button in automation rule email JSM board

Dennis lasko August 5, 2022

Ive created an automation rule that sends an issue to a certain team when issues are created on a Jira Service Management board. 

The email works so, right out of the gate I am shocked.

I'd like to add a button or link to the email that allows the recipient to view the isssues they are interested quickly, just like the notification emails built into Jira Service management. Can i do that?

I've played with adding issue fields, like the description, to the email,,,,,but nobody likes that as much. It seems people like to  click on things. 

2 answers

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

Hi @Dennis lasko - If all you're doing is trying to add a link to the issue in the email, the send email action is html friendly so you could do something like this:

Hi Team x,

<a href = "YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/browse/{{issue}}">{{issue}}</a> - {{issue.summary}} has been created.
0 votes
Hakyung Yeom April 6, 2023

I used HTML below.

<a href="{{baseUrl}}/browse/{{issue.key}}" style="background-color:#008CBA;color:#fff;padding:10px;text-decoration:none;border-radius:4px;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;">View Issue</a>

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 11.38.45 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events