We are trying to edit the work flow to add a transition from "Completed" to "Work In progress" to provide ability to re-open a ticket. We are using JSD Cloud
I'm not able to do any changes on JSD for the last 3 days and receive the error "We couldn't save your changes". as shown in the screenshot. I believe this error is only when editing workflows. I added a new request type and also change fields in the request type and we are able to save them.
Has anyone come across this issue ? Am I doing anything wrong here or is it a bug ?
We are not able to use JSD any more due to this appreciate your help
In case someone else gets this issue- Sometimes there may be an issue with the workflow that causes the error (such as having extra white space in a status or transition name).
1. Open your browser's Developer Tools
2. Open the Console tab
3. Attempt to Save
4. Note the error- Likely it will be an error from the FETCH request to resource /workflow
5. Check the Network tab for the request that errored, the Response tab will have a JSON encoded error message, and a GUID for the offending object in the workflow
6. In the Headers tab of the request, under RequestPayload, drill down through workflowUpdates, 0:, transitions
7. Find the transition with the GUID from the error, this is the transition that needs to be changed
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing the screenshot and details of the issue.
Just for a better understanding, I would like to ask you to open the developer tools on your browser while saving the workflow in order to check if it shows any other error that might help us find what is causing this. If it shows some error, please, share a screenshot with us.
Is this happening with any administrator that tries to save the workflow?
Have you tested editing another workflow?
If there is another project, would it be possible to test editing the workflow as well?
On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link. We've seen a number of questions already asking for...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events