Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We couldn't save your changes" when saving workflow in JSD

Malka Weerasinghee April 6, 2020

PA-73539.PNG

We are trying to edit the work flow to add a transition from "Completed" to "Work In progress" to provide ability to re-open a ticket. We are using JSD Cloud

I'm not able to do any changes on JSD for the last 3 days and receive the error "We couldn't save your changes".  as shown in the screenshot. I believe this error is only when editing workflows. I added a new request type and also change fields in the request type and we are able to save them.

Has anyone come across this issue ? Am I doing anything wrong here or is it a bug ?

We are not able to use JSD any more due to this appreciate your help

5 answers

8 votes
Brennan Phoenix November 24, 2020

In case someone else gets this issue- Sometimes there may be an issue with the workflow that causes the error (such as having extra white space in a status or transition name).

1. Open your browser's Developer Tools

2. Open the Console tab

3. Attempt to Save

4. Note the error- Likely it will be an error from the FETCH request to resource /workflow

5. Check the Network tab for the request that errored, the Response tab will have a JSON encoded error message, and a GUID for the offending object in the workflow

6. In the Headers tab of the request, under RequestPayload, drill down through workflowUpdates, 0:,  transitions

7. Find the transition with the GUID from the error, this is the transition that needs to be changed

Eric Trucco December 14, 2020

Thank you! This was extremely helpful.

Pablo San Juan March 9, 2021

Thank you

Ian Browne October 26, 2021

This helped me, but my error message in the JSON was "Status with id 26e5de09-73e8-42e3-8ba1-52fd9cecbde7 has the same name with an existing status: 84dc2e3c-8489-4ca6-a588-93da8080a5b2".  This was odd since those two statuses had different descriptions.  I just updated one to something else, saved, updated it back to what it was, saved again and all went through fine. 

jim.powers_CTR April 3, 2022

I'm having a difficult time finding the offending status GUID. Any help with tracking that down would be good. I can find the error in the developer tools and I have the GUIDS in question, but I can't seem to locate where the status GUIDs are visible. Thanks in advance!

Tamil Selvan July 4, 2022

Thanks a lot. It was extremely  helpful.

0 votes
wanida August 16, 2022

Try#1: When I changed all the workflow, I found this error too.

Try#2: After that I tried to change one box and click update workflow and redo one by one box. It works fine. Although all the change between #1 and #2 are the same.

I'm not sure this can help your case

0 votes
Linda Duong December 23, 2020

I'm having the same problem as well, I'm trying to rearrange the workflow a bit and I'm getting the error “We couldn't save your changes." but I was able to save earlier...I'm not quite sure where I went wrong.

0 votes
Jason Fingerhut May 13, 2020

w

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2020

Hello Malka,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing the screenshot and details of the issue.

Just for a better understanding, I would like to ask you to open the developer tools on your browser while saving the workflow in order to check if it shows any other error that might help us find what is causing this. If it shows some error, please, share a screenshot with us.

Is this happening with any administrator that tries to save the workflow?

Have you tested editing another workflow?

If there is another project, would it be possible to test editing the workflow as well?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events