Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

"Somethng went wrong. Try again later." for certain request types in Asana integration

Charles Christiansen November 9, 2023

Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light on a problem we're having using the Asana Jira Cloud integration with our Jira Service Management cloud instance.

The integration has generally worked well. We can link existing issues of any request type to a task in Asana, and we can create new issues for most request types from within the Asana task.

However, we have one request type where every time we try to create a new issue using the Asana integration, we get the error message "Something went wrong. Try again later."

We've tried removing and reauthorizing the integration, tried running it in Incognito Mode, and looked for anything in Jira Service Management side that might be interfering with creating requests of this type using the integration but came up empty. Asana support said they couldn't help and directed me to the Atlassian marketplace page for the app. The support tab there takes me to Asana support, so I'm stuck in a loop here.

The only difference in field types between the request types that work and this one is that this one has a required Date field. However, I tried setting the Date field to not be required and that didn't solve the issue either. I also added a required Date field to a different request type and it did not cause an error with the integration.

 

Any guidance you can provide would be most appreciated!

 

integration-error.png

Integration-success.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charles Christiansen December 22, 2023

For anyone else running into this, I managed to track down the issues. They both had to do with the text of options in a dropdown list input field. One of my options used pipe characters ( | ) and the Asana integration choked on that - removing the pipes fixed that issue. The second one was an option that had multiple pairs of parentheses in it, something like My option (Parens 1) (Parens 2). I suspect the parser in the integration was associating the outer parentheses with each other and then erroring out on the middle ones.

Once I changed the text in those options, the integration worked as expected.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events