Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something has gone wrong" on every login attempt

Joel Potischman October 19, 2020

We are in the process of migrating from one Jira instance to another, so I currently have two logins. When setting up the second login I consistently ran into problems where it would show the first account and say that my email from the second account did not have rights to it. I tried numerous times, tried logging out, cleared all cookies, cleared local storage, cleared cache, etc. and now whenever I login with _either_ account I get to the page [instance name].atlassian.net/login?redirectCount=3 which shows the following message:

========================

[instance name].atlassian.net

Something has gone wrong

Check that your browser allows third-party cookies and then try again using the button below (without refreshing the page):

[Try Again]

============================

I am using Brave on macOS. As I said, I've cleared all local data, enabled third party cookies, disabled Brave's privacy protections, restarted my browser, but I get this every time with both accounts. If I open a new incognito window I get it as well, and that should avoid any existing cookies or local storage and prevent any browser extensions from firing!

I don't know what could possibly remain in the browser to keep it in this bad state. For now I'm getting around it by using Safari and the Jira desktop app but it's very annoying, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hi Joel,

There's currently a known issue with Brave's shield and Atlassian Cloud. A fix on the Brave side is waiting to be merged and hopefully will be in an upcoming release. In the meantime, the fix is pretty quick:

1. Visit id.atlassian.com (you do not necessarily need to log in)
  2. Click the Brave icon/Shield settings icon and change the cookies from the default "Cross-site cookies blocked" to "All cookies allowed"
    image.png
  3. Log in to your Jira Cloud instance

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Joel Potischman October 20, 2020

That solved it! Thank you! I would swear I had done that and had even turned off Brave shields completely, but between id.atlassian.com, start.atlassian.com, auth.atlassian.com, and [our domain].atlassian.net I had missed id.atlassian.com! I'm now up and running with both sites in Brave with shields on and set to allow cross-site cookies on id.atlassian.com

Joel Potischman October 20, 2020

(oops, meant to reply to your answer not post my own but doesn't look like I can change it now)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events