Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Signup is not currently available" - Some emails fail

David Walters May 1, 2019

We've recently started using Jira Service Desk and have come across an issue with email requests.

Sometimes emails will fail to generate a request with the error "Signup is not currently available".

I've thoroughly confirmed our settings, Public emailing of Comments is enabled as well as Public Sign-Up.

In one example the same person sent 4 consecutive emails, and 3 of them failed due to this error, 1 succeeded.

If anyone could shed any light this is a very serious issue for us.

Edit: I had a look at the created user, for the above example (4 consecutive emails), I couldn't open it and on hover it said "user does not exist". I can now no longer access User Management, and receive an error (below)

Edit: Our Jira runs across 2 Servers, we've identified that Jira is not currently replicating its indexes across both servers

Thanks

David

Technical details
Log's referral number: d744ebc0-d9ae-42f3-b1e2-cbe2a202f15a

Cause
Referer URL: https://support.acturis.com/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/system

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.user.UserBrowser.getBrowsableItems(UserBrowser.java:173) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.user.UserBrowser.doExecute(UserBrowser.java:122) [classes/:?]
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63) [jira-api-7.13.0.jar:?]
at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
at   .........

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Walters May 2, 2019

We drained both of our servers and restarted them, they are now correctly sharing indexes and the issues seem to have stopped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events