"Sign up" issues with Jira Service Management (cloud)

Janet Houser May 25, 2021

Hi Folks,

I'm seeing an odd behavior using the Jira Service Management (JSM) "Sign up" option.  We have created a project and configured the portal.   On the JSM Configuration page, we have selected "yes" for the "Can customers create their own accounts?" option which enables the "Need an account? Sign up" link on our companies portal access page "https://my-company.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user/login?destination=portals".

For debugging and understanding how the software restricts access, we changed the "Site access" to be very restrictive for testing.   Under "Approved domains" we've set "Don't approve any domain" and under "Access requests" we've set the option "New users can't request access".

I then tried to create a customer account using servicedesk.   Clicking on the "Sign up" option on the page asks for an email address in order to send a link.   Here's what I'm seeing:

- If I use my personal gmail account (user@gmail.com), a link is sent from the "Help Center" directing me to "Sign up".   Clicking on the link allows me to set a password for the account and it is added to the portal customers.

- If I use my work account (our domain is in Google Workspace) and click on "send link", no email arrives, but an account is still created under portal customers for our project.  Because I don't receive an email, I can't set a password for the portal account.

It looks like the "Site access" settings don't apply to servicedesk since I've tried changing them to the following:

-------

Your settings

• Site admins and trusted users can invite anyone to any product(s) while existing users can invite new users with approved domain(s).
  • New users with approved domain(s)(xxx.edu) can join the product(s) enabled on your Product access page, without an invitation or admin approval.
  • To request access to a product, users must have an email domain matching one of your admins. These access requests need to be approved by a site admin. Emails from public domains, like gmail.com are excluded.
  • Anyone can join Jira Service Management with an invite URL.
  • The products enabled on your Product access page are Jira Service Management.

---------

and I see the exact same "Sign up" behavior inside or outside my domain; and email sent to my personal gmail account, and not email sent to my work account, but portal customers being created each time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

1 answer

Janet Houser May 25, 2021

But it doesn't explain why there's no link sent for users in my domain.   I can use the auto delete workaround, but I'm stuck if I can't have my users create accounts in the portal for access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events