• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Escalate to Major incident" button is missing Edited

Hello Jira Community!

I have created a new Jira Next-Gen project to check out the new ITSM features. I believe I followed the documentation to setup Opsgenie and enable escalations of major incidents.

However, for some reason when incidents are created they're still not showing the "escalate to major incident" button. See here:
vivaldi_uMpAo3OEaX.png

From what I can tell on the documentation, there should be a new button there allowing me to escalate to a major incident. Any thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Liron Atlassian Team Jan 12, 2021

Hi Jeret thanks for your question. 
At the moment majority of the new ITSM features are within ITSM project types , which are all classic projects. Next gen templates do not have this kind of ITSM support when it comes to escalating to major incidents in opsgenie. 
Hope this helps ! 
Liron  

0 votes
Liron Atlassian Team Jan 20, 2021

Hi Jeret, just checking my answer above makes sense?

Thanks

Liron

Hi Liron, it does. However, it seems like there are only specific request types that allow the button to show up. That's still a little fuzzy to me as to which ones allow for a major incident escelation. I created a new project with the new ITSM out of the box and it seemed to work.

Secondly, we have a pre-existing Service Project that we'd like to use some of the new features on, most importantly the ability to creates "services" and promote issues as major incidents. I'm unsure how to turn that on for a pre-existing project. Any help here would be appreciated.

Liron Atlassian Team Jan 26, 2021

Hey Jeret, 

The major incident escalation is only available from incident objects within the ITSM project type. Would love to understand other usecases that would require other types of tickets to be escalated as a major incident?

Also, with pre existing service projects and adding ITSM features to them - we are working on enabling that in the coming months.

Cheers,

Liron

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

235 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you