"Approval Completed" trigger component added to JSM Automation

Makarand Gomashe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I would like to inform you that we have released the "Approval Completed Trigger" trigger in A4J (automation). Now automation rules can be triggered after an approval request is accepted or declined for an issue in Jira Service Management.

Read more:

1. Approval Completed Trigger
  2. Smart Values Supported by Approval Completed Trigger

Thanks,
Makarand Gomashe
Product Manager, JSM

3 comments

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Makarand Gomashe ,

I'm wondering how exactly this would be a better choice over the "Issue transitioned" trigger?

When an issue is approved or declined the first thing would be to transition it towards another status. Wouldn't that have the same effect?

Good nonetheless, just wondering what the difference might be :)

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

Thanks @Makarand Gomashe for sharing this new feature.

I am also looking forward to the response to @Dirk Ronsmans query above as it would help providing more clarification on the usage of this new trigger.

Toby Rogers March 30, 2022

For me, the 'Approval Completed Trigger' only makes sense when there is more than one 'Number of Approvers', i.e. 2 approvers needed on a particular status. In this case, I would expect the new trigger to be triggered on each Approval. However, this is not the case, it is only triggered after the final approval. This is an error. It should be triggered on the Approval of each person, then it is a useful function. 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events