Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Affected services" field appears empty or blank in filters even though the issue has value

rupen.deshpande September 28, 2021

I have values in the  "Affected services" field in my incidents. When I look at these issues in the Queues, i am able to see the values in "Affected services" column. But when I create filter and add the column in the filter, it displays blank/empty.

I want to use the filter to show outstanding incidents in confluence. So, even confluence shows this column blank.

Can you please let me know if there is some settings that I need to update to make the values of "Affected services" visible in filters? 

2 answers

0 votes
Manja Vogel-Kautz January 19, 2022

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same. Is there any solution to this?

THX and br, Manja

rupen.deshpande January 19, 2022

hi Manja,
i have not received any solution from atlsassian yet, but i worked around the problem. Created a custom field to use in my filter and and wrote jira automation to populate "Affected Services" values in that filed whenever someone updates "Affected Services". Also, made the new custom field hidden on create and edit screens so no one updates that directly by mistake.
Until atlassian can tell us otherwise, this is the only option i could think of to get the information i need.

Cheers,

R

Manja Vogel-Kautz January 19, 2022

Hi @rupen.deshpande , good idea, thank you for letting me/the community know. I think I'll try this as well since I definitely need a reporting. And I hope Atlassian will come up with solution soon.

Best regards and have a nice day!

Manja

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hi @rupen.deshpande ,

There might be the possibility there is two custom fields by the same name "affected services", you may want to make sure you click on the other one to display as a column. It is unlikely there is some visibility issue if you can see it in the queues.

-Ben

rupen.deshpande September 28, 2021

hi @Benjamin , I checked if we have any duplicate custom fields with the same name. I did this by exporting the filtered results in csv format as well as xml. But, could not find any duplicate field.

In fact this custom field was not created by our Jira Administrator, it was already available in Jira service Management. The values that we see in this field comes from "Services" that we can see in the Left hand side menu under operations.
Services.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events