Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

next-gen project require field to be updated when an issue is marked resolved

Steph Bannister February 3, 2021

I have a next-gen project and I want to make a requirement that when an issue is marked "resolved" that certain fields have to have a value selected (i.e. cannot be empty).

I know how to setup an automation condition for this but the edit issue action would make me have to preselect a value from a dropdown list and this is not relevant. The assignee must select the value when resolving the issue.

I can set a rule in the workflow and have done that requires fields to be completed before the issue is resolved, but is this the only way to do it?

There is also no way to modify my field configurations and schemes and screen schemes in the settings for next-gen projects as far as I can see either. 

Any help with how to ensure that an issue transitioned to resolve has a prompt for certain fields to be updated would be much appreciated!

steph

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi Steph, your current understanding looks sound where NG is concerned. If you find that you cannot achieve you goal and that goal is critical you might consider moving to Classic project.

Steph Bannister February 8, 2021

Thanks! Good to know i'm not missing something obvious.

I will consider a classic project migration in future, but for now I have to stick with a next gen as I'm 1 week out from launching our customer portal and I don't have the time to recreate everything in a classic project for now.

Quick follow up question if you know.  While I'm creating a nother new project can I make sure it is hidden from the customer portal while it's a work in progress? It seems like all my projects I created now are visible on the portal/helpdesk and I know I can set general permissions for accessing the portal. But i would like to be able to work on a project over some time and then make it visible/accessible once it's ready and issues are migrated etc. If there is a help desk article that explains exactly this I'd be happy for a simple link. Sometimes I find it hard to locate the article I need in the support resources.

Learning as I go here :)

STeph

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

The way I do this in classic is as follows

1. don’t add customers until ready to go live
  2. hide all request types from portal

now I’m not familiar with the intricacies of NG so unsure if the above applies precisely.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events