Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple location in automtaion rule

Sampath August 17, 2022

Team My requirement is :

we have 3 region AMR / EMEA /APJ and different location. (in each region)

Example : 

AMR - Newark , California

EMEA - South Africa , Ireland

APJ - Chennai New Delhi

Here i need to set automation rule Region & Location - assign to agent accordingly 

Any help appreciated

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Sampath 

Create a cascade field with all these selection and then create an automation rule with all these different choices (https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/).

If you have an app like scriptrunner or JMWE you could setup a listener to do that, by writing a few lines of code.

Sampath August 17, 2022

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 3.51.52 PM.png

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_  Thanks for your response..Since i am new to this,  I have created the rule but not sure where exactly fix it in some case.  Here in Office Location i need to have multiple locations , but i cant enter more than one.

Is it possible to share some steps rule to validate

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

You have to use the If/Then/Else statement with multiple conditions, instead of the single Ifs you are using. Each if will have the conditions for assigning it to a specific user.

Sampath August 17, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for your support possible if you could share the step rule useful for me

Thanks

Lakshmi V

Sampath August 17, 2022

@Mark Segall FYI to support

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

Something like the following, but change the fields names to the one you use:

newrule.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events