Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration jira service desk from windows server to linux server

Игорь Зиновьев October 28, 2020

I have windows jira service desk 8.5.0 + MSSQL

I installed linux jira service desk 8.5.0 + Postgresql. (clear)

step:

1. create backup and copy data/attachmets to linux server in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import

2. Login in linux jira  (admin) and open system > import and export > import project

3. choose backup name file ZIP and click Next

After 25%  error: An error occurred while parsing the backup XML file /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/backup.zip: No 'key' field for issue 203672

what could be the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Игорь Зиновьев 

Do you want to migrate just one project or whole instance?

Ravi

In windows jira i have more projects, but need only one project migrate to linux server

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Игорь Зиновьев 

In that case restore the whole instance as it is and then delete the unwanted projects. This will be simpler because project import only works when the target instance has all the required configurations needed by that project and it can take some time to configure all that, so better move everything and then delete what is not needed.

Also read this page.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

if full restore, i have problem too. Left sidebar loading and cant see.  

Re-index doesn't help

6E911969-4A3D-4291-8008-D81746A2D208.jpeg

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2020

Most likely there are several issues persisting right now.
For the first error reading "An error occurred while parsing the backup XML file" the XML file seems to be corrupt for some reason - at least I would recommend to take a look into the issue "203672" that apparently is bogging the system in some way.

The missing sidebar is a hint that something might be basically wrong with the configuration. Have you had a look into the log file if at the same time when the sidebar "should" load? Any error there that has been logged?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events