Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate Insight app to Insight in Jira Service Management

Deleted user June 11, 2021

Hello,

I'm looking for solution to migrate our projets from Insight App of Jira Service Desk Cloud to Insight in Jira Service Desk Cloud.

Is there solution ?

Stephane

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi @[deleted] have you reached out to Support yet? I think the plan is to automatically migrate everyone from Mindville Insight Cloud to Atlassian Insight Cloud but these things tend to happen in waves.

A DIY approach wouldn't be recommended because the old App used the Asset Configuration method whereas the new uses Insight object fields. You'd have to not just manually migrate Insight from Mindville to Atlassian, which involves recreating the Object Schema then exporting and re-importing, but you'd also have to create new custom fields and copy all your Insight custom field values to the new fields. If you're really concerned, a Service Partner can work with Atlassian to shepherd the process or even DIY it if you think that's warranted.

Deleted user June 15, 2021

No, I did not contact the support. I tried to do it manually. It is extremely tedious. I will take your advice and call support. Thanks to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events