Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration of Jira Service Management(Cloud) with external Jira Software(Cloud)

Ninad Desai November 30, 2021

Hi Team,

Context:
We have a requirement where my client is using Jira Software (Cloud) instance(to  define their sprint planning and create task/user stories/bugs on their own side), which I want to integrate with my separate Jira Service Management(Cloud) instance; in a way that whenever client create a task for my team(Jira Service Management Project) in their Jira Software(Cloud), then it should create a Jira Service desk ticket in my Jira Service Management Portal. And any comments\progress made on task on their side should reflect in ticket on my side in jira service management portal and vice versa.

Things I tried:
I tried to follow some of the community discussion here and got application link created on client-side Jira Software with my Jira service management url and then tried to configure the URL on my side in Jira Service Management as well in the application link.
It does ask for Consumer key, Consumer name and Public key of the Client Jira Software, which I am not sure how to find on client side's Jira Software? 

Question:
Can someone guide me on how to find those values for Jira Software ( Cloud )? or if there is any other better way to achieve this kind of integration

1 answer

2 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Ninad Desai, if you're creating an application link between two Jira cloud sites, your-domain.atlassian.net, you don't need to inform that. You should use the new URL, HTTPS, suggested by the setup wizard, which won't prompt you to the form to input the details you mentioned. Also, when you're linking the applications and uncheck the option "I am an administrator on both instances," you need to copy the reciprocal link to the Browser and not to the create link text box on the target instance.

Ninad Desai November 30, 2021

Thank you @Ivan Lima for that quick guide. Was able to establish a connection now between my Jira Service Management(cloud) and client's Jira Software(Cloud). 

Could you point me to the URL\materials that can help me to solve/understand 2nd part of my question around:

How to automatically create an issue in Jira Service Management whenever someone creates a task in Jira software?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Automate Issue Creation from one JIRA instance to another JIRA instance. This is a great article to walk you through the steps to do what you're looking for through Automation for Jira. 

I hope that helps.

Like Ninad Desai likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events