how to publish a draft flow that alerts me for non-active transition

Isa Cedeño October 18, 2021
I have added a rejected state that allows to arrive from any state, however I want to add an exit transition to closed and it does not allow me. What should I do?

2 comments

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

@Isa Cedeño 

Welcome to the community.  You need to customize your WF and add a transition between "Rejected" status and "Closed" status.  You have an other option of setting the resolution value when issues move into the "Rejected" status where this status can be a terminal state for your issues.  The second option doesn't require a transition between "Rejected" and "Close" status.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Isa Cedeño October 19, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , I understand that the transition could not be necessary, however the same thing happens to me when I want to add the option to scale and place a transition to in progress.   I get this message:
You are editing a draft workflow. The 'Escalated' step has no outbound transitions in the active workflow, so no outbound transition can be added in the draft workflow.

Thank you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

@Isa Cedeño -

You will need to add outbound transition from the "Rejected" status to the status(es) that you wanted.  Afterward, publish the WF to push out your WF customization.

To accomplish it, please conduct the following steps -

- Go to JIRA Settings -> Issues -> Workflows
- Make a copy of your active WF with a different name
- Make the customizations as needed  (NOTE - at this time your new WF is "Inactive")

- In a separate window, go to Project Settings -> Workflows
- Go to Add your inactive WF to your WF scheme

- Publish your WF schema

Best, Joseph

@Joseph Chung Yin  Thank you very much for the help, with your recommendations I have managed to publish the workflow changes

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

Excellent.  I am glad my recommendation resolved your issue.

Best, Joseph

Like Isa Cedeño likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

Hi @Isa Cedeño ,

Since you mention you are trying to add a new transition I'm assuming you are already in the workflow editor and know how to edit the workflow?

When you mention "it doesn't allow you to do this" what exactly happens?

• You cannot add the transition?
  • You get an error?

Hello @Dirk Ronsmans , before if I have been able to make changes in the workflows, however now I get this message:
You are editing a draft workflow. The 'Rejected' step has no outbound transitions in the active workflow, so no outbound transition can be added in the draft workflow.

Thank you!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events