Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide specific next-gen projects from the customer help portal

Steph Bannister December 30, 2020

Hi there

We have 1 JSM site and will have a main project for collecting customer support requests.

i want to have a second project though that is for demo/training purposes only though and is hidden from the help desk portal.

I am using next-gen project format and cannot work out how to set the permissions in each project to hide it from the customer portal.

Right now I'm on a free version but will upgrade to paid in a week or two, once our licence purchase is approved internally.

Any tips are welcome.

Cheers

Steph

ps: I was not able to send a direct question about this to atlassian support which was quite annoying.

2 answers

0 votes
Trevan Householder December 30, 2020

Only Service Management projects can be viewable in the portal, so if you're using a Next Gen project, it cannot be made viewable in the portal.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

@Trevan Householder keep in mind that there are NG JSM projects.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Projects are visible on the portal only to those users defined as customers. So if your demo project has no customers then it will not be seen. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events