how to check that a comment is a "primary action" using "automation for jira"

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2021

Using automation for jira, I am only wanting to trigger the automation rule if the comment is primary action. 

I read this article, and solution is not correct, as the solution only refers to triggering not based on other automation rules: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/how-to-check-that-a-comment-is-a-quot-primary-action-quot-using/qaq-p/1376690

I see several mentions of this in the documentation, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to set it up in automation for jira cloud: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-do-when-if-and-then-statements-work-for-automation/

I consider myself a pretty experience automation user, and I wonder if I am missing something obvious. Here is one example

I even tried a view smart values and nothing is workingAutomation rules - JIRA 2021-05-30 13-19-04.png

Automation rules - JIRA 2021-05-30 13-25-19.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2021

Hello @Jeffrey Bistrong 

Thanks for reaching us. I am sorry this is not possible at the moment but we are tracking it under: AUT-617

Looks like there are some complications to be able to enable this. Sorry about that.

Thanks
Sherry

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

thanks, did solve this for now by adding in JQL: resolutiondate <=-1m

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events