Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid that a ticket creator puts her/himself in the authorizator fields?

Seth Miranda May 30, 2022

I need to automatically stop users that create a jira service desk ticket to put themselves in the authorizators fields (I have two level authorization fields in place - one for the lead manager and one for the upper level to authorize the request)... for example, if a ticket is for granting read access level to a certain asset, that both authorizators of the request are different persons in my org. than the one making the request...  

Thanks for the help.

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

@Seth Miranda Welcome to the Atlassian community

There is a feature request to do exactly what you are requesting https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6249

I have not seen this come up that often because approvers are usually a set of predefined individuals, they are set by the issue on creation or by automation.  Can you explain your business process in a little more detail?  

Seth Miranda June 2, 2022

a broad list of users is available for selection on the approvers selection boxes, in this list is included the ticket creator - we have two authorizator boxes, in both theres the chance to put oneself - this could lead to insecure authorization by process, if misused - i can not give further detail since this is not my direct responsibility, I'd try to involve here the correct person so he may comment further. thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

@Seth Miranda You could always add automation that flags requests where this occurs and sends a notification or does another action.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events