how do i re-invite customers to my jira help desk

Mark Markham November 22, 2020

I set up organizations and added customers before our launch date. On my test accounts that I allowed invite emails to go to, I am unable to send them in invite to my help desk portal. I want to send an e-mail to each customer inviting them to process requests through my JSM (cloud). How do can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi Mark,

there is currently no possibility to re-invite users. The corresponding Suggestions has been closed but it was not implemented:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-re-send-invitation-emails-for-new-jira-users-779160875.html

Here in Community the suggestion is to delete the affected account and create it new so you could issue a new invite, in case the account was not yet "in production".

Next to that the linked page shows two other workarounds - I think you have to figure out which way works best for you.

Let us know if you meant something else, though or if anything should not be clear enough.

Cheers,
Daniel

Mark Markham November 23, 2020

Daniel

The work around is for new JIRA users not Jira service desk customers.  I added all out JSD organizations, then added all customers.  I had the email system off but now that it is on a I am unable to send them to service desk to login to their account. Is there a generic portal link that when we send it will allow a person to log in if I have already added them as a customer?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

You are right. Things got mixed up. Here is the right link. The situation remains the same basically - not possible at the moment except some workarounds like stated earlier.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2296

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events