how do I search tickets in service desk?

Trav August 20, 2014

I can't find any documentation anywhere. I need to search for a ticket from a specific user. Thanks.

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

You will have to either use the Service Desk queues or use the JIRA built-in search to find out the tickets raised via service desk.

For the built-in search, you can use the basic search or advanced search (JQL) as you would do with a standard JIRA ticket.

In short, a service desk ticket is pretty much the same as a standard JIRA ticket if you take away the special capabilities like SLAs, queues etc.

1 vote
Kyle Harrison June 19, 2016

This is actually a valid question. The standard JIRA search is bad for 2 reasons:

1. It searches ALL of JIRA unless you prefix with project=<KEY> or <KEY> in quick search
  2. When clicking on the result it takes you to a normal JIRA Issue screen- completely differennt and separated from the JSD interface.

Have raised: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-3952

1 vote
Trav August 21, 2014

ah, I don't have enough karma to delete this request. I found search under projects but not within service desk. It does allow simple searching if you switch from advanced to basic

1 vote
Trav August 21, 2014

ok I found it under issues-search for issues. But is there any way to just do a general search without putting all the JQL qualifiers in the search terms?

0 votes
Jurre Janssens February 16, 2020

nvm

Soumya Subudhi July 6, 2020

Can we search the ticket by giving description of the ticket ?

Any user can come and will check the queue, is there any similar ticket has been raised by someone earlier ?

0 votes
Trav August 25, 2014

ah I'm slowly figuring out how to use answers and JIRA. Thanks for putting up with my noob questions. I basically just needed to view the queue in a different way and turn off advanced search.

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

just try to use the queue for tickets that are submitted in the service desk. Makes it more easier to track.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events