getting data from Jira into Power BI

AJ Greiner June 28, 2022

Greetings,

I am trying to connect my instance to Power BI to get a raw connection of all the data in order to create my own visualizations. I don't want to pay for hundreds of users that will never use the connector as I am the only one who uses Power BI in the organization. I tried to just do a web connection but it only allows for "Get Issues" as the table and it has no real information that I can use (I created a lot of custom fields). 

Should I be trying to connect a different way? I don't want to have to export to CSV each time I want to refresh the report. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

There's no way to get to the database on Cloud (I assume that's what you mean by "raw", please correct me if that guess is wrong!).

You have to build something that can connect to the REST interface to fetch the data you want.  That's effectively what the connectors you've found are doing.

AJ Greiner June 28, 2022

Thanks, yes I am looking to just grab all the tables so I can create my own reports and dashboards. 

Is there any documentation around about creating the connection to the REST interface?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events