find fields to manager customer in jira services management

Anderson Scott May 11, 2021

Hello, I wanted to tell you that I am doing a task to include groups of clients and within the groups add users, I do this from the option of clients. Now when I log in with my user with the role of site administrator I can see the buttons to add users at the top. but when another user enters with the role of the project (administrator) the same role that I have within the project, on this screen it does not show the buttons to manage the group of clients. I have checked the permissions for both users and we both have the same permission scheme within the project. I wanted to know why this happens and how I could solve it, I leave you a print of both cases to see if you can help me with this incident. Greetings and thanks in advance. image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

@Anderson Scott -

Welcome to the community.  Based on your ask/information provided, one will need to be the site admins to manage groups membership.  JSM project administrators can only manage access of the specific projects via "Project settings > Users and Roles".

Group membership management can only be performed by site admins as the groups are maintain at the system level - which are available for all the projects under the same env.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Anderson Scott May 13, 2021

THanks a lot Mr. Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events