filter by request types

Valentin Ivanchev January 30, 2018

Hello,

can someone please explain how can I create a filter by request types ? I am not sure what to do .

thank you in advance !

6 comments

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hello @Valentin Ivanchev,

I assume you want to create the filter in jira portal (not customer portal). There you can only filter for your jira issue types not for the customer portals request types.

To create a filter for issue types you click on "issues" in the menu bar and select "search for issues". Then you can add the (issue) "type" and other settings to search for them. At the top you will find a button "save as".

Hope that helps.

Valentin Ivanchev January 30, 2018

Here is what I want to do .  I have a customer portal , where our supervisor raise different requests via different request types by departments : photo department, packaging, marketing, administration  etc. I want to create a filter and sort the requests by these departments . I hope you get the idea. I am not sure if this can happen ?

Valentin Ivanchev February 1, 2018

Do you know if ,for example I have a field with quantity , I can make a filter with this quantity ?

Jeffrey Gunawan January 14, 2019

I'd like to be able to search for service desk request types as well. 

Like # people like this
Julie Taubman May 28, 2021

I use the JQL query  "Customer Request Type" = "Request A"    

etc. for this -- to get a list of all Service Desk tickets submitted through Request A

you can use IN, Not IN, != etc. for this query as well. 

Like # people like this
Monica Morris October 6, 2023

I get an error when I try to query for "Customer Request Type" - Jira says I don't have that field.

Marc Kelvin Tan August 3, 2023

Use : "Request Type" = <Request Type Name>
Initially it doesn't show up on the auto complete so i typed in <"Request > so it autocompletes to show the "Request Type" Field

Like Monica Morris likes this
Monica Morris October 6, 2023

This works for me - thank you @Marc Kelvin Tan!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events