cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email used by Jira after having moved the issue to another project

Patrice Berger December 3, 2020

Hi,

we are still in a testing phase.

We created a project Triage and other dedicated projects for each of our applications ( with dedicated teams) We need to receive all email requests on triage mail box. all issuer are manually moved to the dedicated  project , we  send replies from this project . When the customer replied to this last email we don't receive the answer on the project. seems that the email address  is not the project one but the same address than the triage project?

Part of dispatching team also work for specific project and we need that our customers receive emails from the project email box not the user Jira one. is it feasible ?

Thanks and Cheers from France

Patrice

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Patrice,

Welcome to the community.  I want to make sure I understand this.  You have a multiple service desks (projects).  Service Desk A receives all issues to be triaged.  The issues that come into Service Desk A are then moved to Service Desk B, Service Desk C or Service Desk D to be worked and closed out.  If a customer responds to an issue after it is moved to Service Desk B from Service Desk A the response never comes through.  Is that correct?  

Can you confirm that email channels are setup on all the service desks?

0 votes
Patrice Berger December 3, 2020

Thanks Brant for your swift answer, Yes this is exact,

AND the service B had his mail channel inactivated cause no request type was setted .

Thanks a lot !!

Patrice

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Does the issue have a request type associated with it after it is moved?  It will need this for the service desk to function correctly.

Patrice Berger December 4, 2020

I modified my first reply , so yes you were right, I close the issue .thx

Thuyen PHAM August 13, 2021

Bonjour @Patrice Berger 

Si j'ai bien compris, tous les tickets arrivent vers 1 seul projet, et sont dispatchés manuellement vers d'autres projets (sans connecteur mail) ?

C'est exactement ce que je souhaite faire, mais lorsque le reporter répond à un mail envoyé d'un autre projet, cela créé un autre ticket dans le projet principal.

Avez-vous trouvé une solution ? Merci

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events