Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete a customer in jira service desk cloud

shubham tak August 21, 2020

I am also having a similar issue,  I tried to delete the customer with the same API but getting this error 

{
"errorMessage": "Customers cannot be removed from this service desk because it has open access enabled",
"i18nErrorMessage": {
"i18nKey": "sd.jsm.error.servicedesk.customer.remove.servicedesk.open.access",
"parameters": []
}
}

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hello @shubham tak,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The error message means that the Service Desk project is open to anyone with an account on the site, that's why it's not possible to remove the customer.

If you want to remove them just from the project and not from the entire site, then you must set the project as closed.

For that, please go to Project settings > Customer permissions (Classic) or Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions (Next-gen) and change the option "Who can access the portal and send requests to…?" to "Customers my team adds to the project" > Save.

If you want to delete the customer account from the site, then it must be manually on Cog icon > User management > Jira Service Desk because currently, there is no API do delete the account.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events