Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create linked issue creates "Invalid customer request value"

JJ January 30, 2020

When I create a linked issue (More>Create linked issue) from Service Desk and click "Create" the "Customer Request Type" field appears. In it it says, "No Match" and has an error message "Invalid customer request value".

I don't want users to have to set this value over and over. How do I get it to just copy the value from the original ticket I was looking at when I selected "Create linked issue" in the first place?

2020-01-30_16-35-51.png

3 answers

0 votes
Francisco Gomez Balastegui December 14, 2022

Same error on Jira 4.20.14

0 votes
Sune Vester Lindhe June 23, 2020

I am facing the same problem (JSD 4.6.1, server). When I create an issue in Project A I can perfectly fine create an issue without setting the request type. But when I am viewing an issue in Project B and try to create a linked issue in Project A, I get the same error message. Both projects are JSD projects. 

On another installation running JSD 4.7.1, data center, I do not have the problem.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

Hi JJ, I was testing this in my cloud instances and in fact the request type is carried over. I assume the original issue has a request type? One more question, is the issue type the same for both?

JJ January 31, 2020

I'm not using the cloud version.

Thanks, Jack. I forgot to mention that I'm moving the ticket from one Service Desk project to another Service Desk project when I see the error. When I move to Jira Software I do not get the error message.

And, yes, the original issue does have a request type and when the create linked issue screen pops up I select an issue type. And I'm made sure that the issue type and request type of the original ticket exists in the project I'm creating the linked issue in too.

JJ March 10, 2020

Help. This bug makes it appear that users should NOT be creating linked issues or moving them since it's buggy. What's the solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events