Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a automation rule (not Legacy) that will reopen a ticket from customer comments

Rob February 1, 2021

Hello Team...I am trying to work on a global rule (not Legacy) that will reopen a closed or resolved ticket if the customer (not agents) comments. As we are trying to move all Legacy rules to new automation this one seems a bit difficult to manage with new automation rules. The options I see...appear to trigger on any comments not just from customer. Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi Rob, does the one that exists in the Library not work for you? Or maybe you can start w/ it and edit to meet your needs?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

this is the default form...

2021-02-01_08-48-32.jpg

Rob February 1, 2021

Hello Jack...the one in the library appears to refer to all comments (internal/external) and not specifically to customer comment (unless I missed something). I dont want internal comments after the ticket is closed (like...please log time on ticket) to trigger it to reopen. Hope this provides clarity

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

yes but simply replace the "Initiator is" condition with...

2021-02-01_09-02-20.jpg

Rob February 1, 2021

Ah...thank you. I will try this ...it should work

Rob February 1, 2021

Jack...what if changed this rule so that comments to customer from agents would put the state to "waiting for

customer" pausing the SLA clock until the customer replies...how do I keep internal comments from triggering this rule?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events