Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy 'request participants' content to 'reporter' field

Koen Bruggeman February 7, 2021

Goodday,

So, I figured out adding emailaddresses in CC in mailcommunication, is adding those CC into the request participants field and inviting those emailaddress automatically as customers.

I've been trying to automatically copy the fieldcontent from 'request participants' into the field 'reporter'. This buy trying to read out the content with creating the variable: smartParticipant

from

{{request participants.displayName}}

Screenshot 2021-02-07 183453.jpg

but it errors and i dont seem to find how to read the content from that field.

Anyone knows or can help me how to copy the content from this field into the Reporter field?

greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

I have not attempted this but would not see how that would work. The Request Participant field is a multi-user-picker field where as the Reporter is a single user-picker field. can you explain the UC for pulling reporter from the RP field?

hello,

i'm not the jira superadmin in our company. But i am admin in my JSD project. This project is for following up on issues reported by external customers.

Today, external customers contact us via mail, towards Agents. THose Agents create the tickets. If Agents would reply this external customermail and add our default mail account in CC, This automatically creates an JSD issue and add the external customer email as RP in the issue.

I would like external customers to be the reporter, not the RP, for automated notifications and filter reasons.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Again, I don’t see how this can work. What happens when you have more than one RP? Anyway you might play around with {{issue.request participant}} to see if you can get there. It seems to me the team needs to move to where they open a ticket via the app and change the Reporter.

0 votes

forgot to add

Screenshot 2021-02-07 183749.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-07 183856.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events