Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conditional field in Jira Service Desk

Jean Victor Rocha February 4, 2020

Sorry if it's repeated, but I searched a lot and didn't find much.
I need to create a conditional field in Jira Service Desk, that is.
When selecting a value in the pending field, the next field presents certain values / filtration for selection.

it is possible to perform this configuration.

I will use for example:
field A: Windows / Linux
Field B: Windows 10 / Windows 7 (Filtered by windows, as the previous field was selected windows.)

2 answers

0 votes
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

There are a couple of marketplace apps that will help you achieve this sort of result.

Full disclosure: I'm the PM for ProForma.

Minu Murali April 22, 2021

@Simon H Could you please help me understand how we can use Pro Forma forms for multi level cascading in JSM Cloud? I do not see an option to select cascading field in the dropdown list?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

I think you want an Cascading select field that should meet your requirements

I am studying a lot about the Cascading select field, even trying to implement it, but in my case there would be more than 2 levels.
I'll put it as an example that would be: OS> Windows> Windows 10> Word (just an example)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

this isn't available in Cloud. there is an addon for Server/Data-center. multi-level-cascading-select 

for your case you would have to create multiple cascading field, e.g.

OS

• Mac > Sierra, Mojave, Lion, Catalina, etc
  • Windows > XP, 7, 10, etc.

Office Suite

• G-Suite: docs, sheets, forms...
  • Microsoft: word, excel, ppt...

in the other topic you helped me .... (informing that it is not possible to use cascading in NG)
now I ask ... This app work on NG ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events