Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change SLA calendar after issue is assigned

Steph Bannister December 15, 2021

Hello

For our main customer support project we have one email address for all global customers and agents working in two timezones (Europe and USA).

Currently I have one 24/7 calendar set for the time to first response SLA and specify the working days as Mon-Fri 00:00 - 23:59 linked to the CET timezone (europe).

We promise our customers that we will send a first reply within 24 hrs of receving their request. So we need to use the issue created event to start the SLA time to first response clock.

there is no easy way to define when a request comes in which region it comes from, unless they use a support form and specify their country (which is only true for around 10% of requests).

we can only define requests for the USA by who they are assigned to for handling. But the issues will always be unassigned when created, so my set of SLA rules will be applied linearly and despite setting some assignee conditions for our US team in one SLA rule above the assignee conditions for our European team members, I don't think this is going to work.

So my question is:

Is there a way to reset the calendar used for the SLA time to first response after the assignee is selected as one from the US team? Such that the 24 hrs is still calculated from the time the request was created, but the pauses for working time are relevant for the timezone of the agent who is/will handle the request?

The reason we need to set 2 different 2/4 calendars is due to weekends and holidays. Which has an effect in these ways:

1. on fridays the shift between timezones means everything that comes in after 23:59 on a friday and before 03:00 on the next saturday has the time to first response clock paused for USA customers, 

2. on mondays the CET anchored clock starts at 09:00 and thus the tickets that our US team work on have the SLA pause released and they lose 9 hours of working time.

3. public holidays are different in the USA and europe and these cannot be structured correctly with SLA pauses and timezones.

What this means is that my agents do not all have equal amounts of time to be able to respond to customers within a real 24 hr time period based on their timezone.

Do I need to use an Automation rule here?

Do I need to setup my SLA conditions differently?

Should I modify my calendar settings somehow differently?

Thanks for your kind help!

Timezone Calendar 24_7_Europe CET.pngSLA rules.pngTimezone Calendar 24_7_USA_PST.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events