Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel request button in Service Desk Portal

Ana-Maria Erascu June 16, 2020

Hi,

I want to add the options for "Escalate", "Cancel Request" and "Resolve Request" for the customers to both bugs and features request pages in Service Desk Portal. Right now, these buttons are available to the customers only for support ticket requests. 

I've already set the "Escalate", "Cancel request" and "Resolve Request" steps and transitions in the bugs & features workflow but they still don't show up in the portal.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Hello @Ana-Maria Erascu ,

On the transition did you did you enable them to be available for the customer?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/show-a-workflow-transition-in-the-portal/

Thank you for your input, Dirk. However, I don't see the option to "Select Show transition on the customer portal.", below is a printscreen from my flow:

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 16.37.58.png

Nancy Bonanno June 16, 2020

I did find this workaround:

just FYI - the checkbox mentioned above (Show transition in the customer portal) is only available when you're editing the workflow in Diagram mode.

If, for some reason, you cannot select the transition in this mode (due to other transitions overlapping it), the solution is simple:

1. Switch to Text mode
  2. Find the transition
  3. Click on View Properties
  4. Add this property:

servicedesk.customer.transition.active set value to true

Like Ana-Maria Erascu likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

@Ana-Maria Erascu  strange, I just double checked on my instance to be sure.

On the transition tho you should see this:

transition.PNG

The one thing you do need to look at is the fact that this workflow is actually active and linked to an issue type. If you are working on the flow and haven't linked it yet it will not show the option. (i know, annoying)

I noticed this myself when i took a copy of a workflow to work on it and set it active later it just doesn't show up..

I couldn't see from your screenshot whether you had set the workflow to active yet or if it is a "inactive" one.

So that's where @Nancy Bonanno 's workaround might help.

Like Ana-Maria Erascu likes this

Thank you very much @Dirk Ronsmans and @Nancy Bonanno

I managed to solve my problem by changing the properties of the transitions.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

@Ana-Maria Erascu Feel free to mark the question as answered then :)

1 vote
Answer accepted

Those buttons are the transitions between statuses on a workflow.  So your support ticket requests are the only issuetype that have a workflow that includes Escalate, Cancel and Resolve.    You need to go to your other issue types' workflows and add those transitions.  Cancel and Resolve can both go to your Done status, but be sure to set the resolution to something like Done.  Cancel could go to the status Withdrawn and set it so all issues can transition there.

Hi, Nancy

I've already set these steps in the bugs & features workflow but they still don't show up in the portal. I think it has something to do with the screens & screens scheme.

Ah...so we are looking at a Portal Form, rather than the ticket with transitions across the top?

On your forms (Request Types) there is a place where you can display the Workflow Statuses...it's a tab at the top.

req types.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

@Nancy Bonanno  not exactly.

This tab allow you to "translate" the statusses for the Portal.

Meaning that if you have 10 statuses in your "internal" workflow you can name them differently for the customer.

Imho, when an internal flow has an escalation path or some internal states likes "pending supplier"/"awaiting delivery"/...  it's not always clear to the end user what is going on so best to just keep them generic (or perhaps more explanatory) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events